Sunday, February 6, 2011

Am I one of those moms?




I am wondering right now if I might be a cruel mother. Whenever I see that Toddlers and Tiaras show I want to jump through the television, grab the mothers and say "You do not need to wax your three-year-old's eyebrows! You do not need to glue hair extensions to their poor heads!"
But maybe I am a hypocrite because I just made the Cowgirl shiver in a short sleeved dress while standing in a snow bank to get some pictures.
I know - crazy. It's just that we wanted a picture of her in her baptism dress for her baptism invitations and as luck would have it our entire world is a snow bank at the moment.
The Artist took the real pictures with his real camera. I just clicked a few snapshots of the process. His photos will look amazing because, well because he is the Artist. So please forgive my lack of photography talent.
We wrapped her up in her coat and posed her and then pulled the coat off at the last moment and started shooting until her teeth were clicking louder than the shutter.
She is now in footie pajamas and drinking hot cocoa to assuage my guilt about the whole near-hypothermia thing.


P.B. (that means Post Blog, by the way) We have been asked where we got her dress. I found a seamstress on Etsy who listened to me describe the Cowgirl and what we wanted and came up with this design. I think it's great. I needed something soft and natural for the Cowgirl because she just doesn't belong in rhinestones, lace and tulle. She is, after all, the Cowgirl.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't worry about it, but I am a very amateur photographer. I would have done the same thing! I can't wait to see the artist's pictures! The ones you took are pretty good!

    ReplyDelete