Friday, January 6, 2012

Confessions? Do you ever drop the ball?

Um... did I ever have the ball in the first place?
Because whatever the proverbial "ball" is, mine has spent a lot more time on the ground than in the air.

Remember those Christmas cards I was supposed to write?
Starting in 2003?  Yeah, I'm not really going to get to that one, am I?

And I should have mopped my floor sometime in the last .... I seriously can't remember how long it's been.

And today I looked at my toilets and had a very serious moment of reflection and called a cleaning service.
Yes I did.
That's a first for me.

So that ball? Um, it's like a bowling ball. Rarely lifted and mostly hanging out on the floor.

But I honestly get a few things done. I check on my friends (that takes a lot of time and while I'm on the phone I sort of drop the organize-your-office ball)
I play with my daughters.  The Dancer has 17,000 hair clips on the floor and is waiting to fix my already fixed hair right now.
I grab my husband in a tight hug. Every time he walks within arms' reach. Because loving him is one ball I refuse to drop.
And I think we have to drop a few things (most things) to make sure we are holding the most important ones- each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment