Monday, June 20, 2011

A Jolly Good Fellow

We celebrated Father's Day from the moment we woke up on Saturday until we went to bed on Sunday.
One day is just not enough to express how great our man is, so it was a weekend in honor of the guy we love best around here.
After a breakfast full of sausage and bacon and pancakes at IHOP (very manly) we spent Saturday morning at the World War I museum in downtown Kansas City.
The girls did a scavenger hunt and loved looking at the recreated trenches.
We had a beautiful view from the top of the Liberty Memorial.

We took him to a motorcycle shop where he fitted the Cowgirl for her own helmet (Heaven help me) and then out for ice cream.

When we got home we attended a baptism and came home to meet our babysitter.
Then I whisked the artist away to dinner and a movie on the Plaza.
It's nice to get him all to myself now and then.

The next morning I got up early, whipped up some eggs benedict and we made him breakfast in bed and gave him his gifts and a homemade poster card before church.
Let me take a keyboard breath- this was a marathon weekend.
huff huff***

Okay, so then after church it was marinaded strip steaks and corn on the cob hot off the grill and then my dad came over to visit and then the Artist's dad.

And now it is Monday and I have to do the laundry.
But it was fun while it lasted.
I'm glad we could give him a couple happy days because he makes every day wonderful for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment