Monday, January 31, 2011

Hunker Down!


It's coming. Lots and lots of snow. I am not trying to depress anyone, but this is what the world looks like from my window today. As a result, I made two emergency preparation trips today. The first was to Walmart at 8 o'clock this morning. Grocery shopping acts as a balance in my life. It balances out all the wonderful things that happen to me to make sure life isn't too mind-numbingly blissful.


After that little jaunt, the Dancer and I made an emergency trip to the library. I grabbed a couple biographies on Joan of Arc (why not?) for myself and a mother load of stories for the Cowgirl and the Dancer. I refuse to face cabin fever without the printed word. We are now hunkering down, waiting to be buried in the blizzard and hoping we can tunnel our way out with our sanity in tact in a couple of days. Good luck, fellow Midwesterners!


1 comment:

  1. I got a lot of groceries too, but still had to walk to the grocery store today. Luckily it only takes ten minutes to walk through snow to get there!

    ReplyDelete