Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A room with a view

Deadlines.
Emails.
Voicemails.
Commitments.
Appointments.
Homework.
Dinnertime.
Bedtime.
Out of time.

My life some days.
I don't like those days.

I looked at my husband a couple weeks ago and said, "We need to get out of here. We don't need to go far. Just out." So we did.
The Life Raft took my girls overnight on a school night, the Artist cleared his schedule and we drove twenty miles to downtown KC.
A corner room with a balcony.
Windows open, city lights. A gourmet restaurant.
For one night we packed our bags and ran away from it all.
And laughed. And talked about what we are dreaming for our future and what didn't go according to plan and what went better than we planned.
We were giddy because we could stay up late and sleep in.
By 10:30 I couldn't keep my eyes open.
I woke with the sun.
Some habits die hard.
But it was a beautiful sunrise from my room with a view.


No comments:

Post a Comment