Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chinese take out and confessions

Don't be fooled by the cuteness . . .

We had really good Chinese take out for dinner tonight. Mine was a little too salty to eat, however.
Probably due to the copious amount of tears I was shedding on it.
Just don't give me bad news right before dinner because it totally wrecks food.
And I like food.

So what's the emergency this time, you ask?
What's so terrible, Tapper?
I'll tell ya.
I am officially that mother.
I was blissfully unaware that I was that mother a few hours ago.

The Dancer came home and told me that little blonde girl was mean to her today.
And I asked what little blonde girl did.
And the Dancer told me that little blonde girl said she hated her.
Insert mommy gasp, please.

So I sat at my computer and penned a very judicious inquiry letter to the teacher.

Dear wonderful teacher,
The Dancer came home worried today. I know that things can get lost in translation when children are four, but she is under the impression that little blonde girl said she hated her.
I am very concerned. Please let me know if you know anything about the situation.
Sincerely,
Tapper

Or thereabouts. You get the jist.
Then I got the email reply.

Dear Tapper, (AKA that mother)
I am unaware that little blonde girl said anything of the sort. They were in separate groups all day. However, while we are communicating, we had to talk to the Dancer about how she treats her friends today. She would not let a friend pass by her even when he said excuse me. She uncrossed her legs and got off her mat three times at circle time. We are discussing how to be kind and loving.
Thank you for communicating.
Wonderful Teacher


Sniffle sniffle. Good bye teryaki and honey-seared chicken. Hello Kleenex.
My child is that kid! They had to discuss how to be kind and loving!!!
Quick side note to teacher: I haven't stopped discussing being kind and loving since they cut the umbilical cord. This is not a neglected subject in my home.
But apparently it is not a successful subject in my home.
I can live with the poor girl forgetting to sit criss cross apple sauce (that is the stupidest thing. Can't we just call it Indian Style like we used to?) but being mean... really? Really?

Seeing the teacher tomorrow should be barrels and barrels of fun.
I think home school just sounded good to me for the first time ever.
Ever.




2 comments:

  1. Ha! I don't mean that in a mean way, speaking of meanness. I mean it in a I gave an out loud laugh when I read that what you wrote about homeschooling.

    I don't for one second think the little teeny tiny incident at school (if you can even call it an incident which really it's so little you can't) doesn't matter one bit. Of course Juliette is a nice, loving girl. Just like Sable is a nice, loving girl. They just both happen to also be shy girls, shy girls with a streak of "I'm a princess and I know it". Sable so often pulls an ugly face and definitely isn't always kind. Even though she has been told and taught to be 1.32 MILLION times. She even got kicked out of primary class once. PRIMARY CLASS!! Talk about a banner day for motherhood that was.
    But just like Juliette, she's a sweetie at heart and I know it. And also just like Juliette, she's too darn cute to stay mad at for more than 1 whole minute. I know I can't do it.

    luvs, aby

    PS - I forgot to comment, a big huge congrats on your book! I continue to be impressed and amazed by anybody who actually accomplishes that. Have you ever heard of Nanowrimo? It's a program where you sign up to write a whole novel in the month of November. It's not about quality, but quantity. I'm thinking next year for me, MAYBE.

    luvs again, aby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kid sounds like my kid! Jacob gets in trouble all the time for not sitting still...as if I haven't tried to ingrain that in him FOREVER! It's frustrating because I take it as a personal thing that I am doing wrong when really, it's just Jacob. I'm also with you on the criss cross thing...let's all just be not politically correct, okay? Indian style takes way less time to say and who really cares anyway?!

    ReplyDelete