Saturday, December 15, 2012

On a day that defies words

It is hard to speak today, difficult to orient myself in this world that feels like a new place I do not recognize.
I have one very brief thought.
Yesterday one man defied every law-  social and eternal- and took the lives of innocent children and those who defended them.
And today I woke up and was tempted to feel like I live in a world of terror, suffering and violence
But then I realized that where I really live is a world where when one person chooses evil, millions stand up in outrage and despair. I live in a world where we cannot comprehend such acts. Where servicemen, policemen (like my brother), and humans in general will give their hearts, their time, their very lives to defend what is good and right.
This isn't just a moment of unspeakable wickedness, it is a moment to see how many loving hearts outnumber the hateful ones.
And that is why I still believe in us.

5 comments:

  1. I find, with so much being said, I don't have many words of my own. But I read your words, and I nod my head in agreement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! Just what I needed to hear. The image you chose is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - absolutely what I needed to try and wrap my head around all of this. Thank you again, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete