Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Jeeps and bottle rockets and love

Heart Day.
Love Day.
Day of the roses and sparkling grape juice (teetotalers here).
Day of little gifts that fit in little bags and little boxes.
Big smiles.
And I just wanted to surprise my one and only Valentine with a post to tell him how much I love him.
Darling, take a good look this little girl
Can you see all of the dreams just leaking out of her? Can you see how much she wants to love and be loved? Can you see how she wants to grow up to be a  good woman who gives her heart to a good man?
Can you see how she wants to stick her toes in the ocean and touch a dolphin and kiss under the fireworks? Can you see how she wants to rock baby girls in soft blankets and be their everything?
Can you see how her fingers itch to write? She wants to make something beautiful that will last.

You, my love, are her knight in shining armor. You came for me. You gave me everything. And you should know how much I love you.
How much I loved you from the first moment I sat across from you at a dim restaurant where we were eating "as just friends."
How much I loved you when we took the roof off the Jeep and looked up and stars.
How much I still think of that first kiss on a dark porch and my 17 year old heart shooting bottle rockets into my weak knees. I'm not sure I've walked straight since.
How much I love the way you bend around me like a crescent moon and pull me into the light of your arms.
How much I love the way you tackle our daughters and shake our house with laughter.

If all our money disappears (it does tend to do that) and our beautiful things come to nowt (as things always do), if I get old and wrinkled (on my way), if we are still looking up at the stars and shooting bottle rockets and sitting in the crescent moon with laughter for a soundtrack- I am rich. I am rich. I am everything I need to be.
Because I am yours.

I love you. Happy Valentines Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment